Hood Spider 2.0
Our Hood Spider 2.0 is the ultimate add on to any welding helmet. It's dual woofers pack a powerful bass and clear sound quality to give you a surround sound experience inside of your hood. Simply sync it to your smart phone to enjoy your favorite playlist while welding. The dual built-in fans allow you to place them
anywhere inside your hood to prevent fumes and smoke from entering and keeping your lens from fogging. With a 6000mah battery, it last 8-10 hours running the woofers and fans at 12v. Total
weight is just under 8oz.
85mm x 65mm x 20-28mm
*** Turning up the fan speed will drain the battery quicker. 10+ hours based on 12-13v.***
***Not made to replace a respiratory system***
***Contains Lithium ion batteries. Please see our Safety page for more information***
1) Will the metal dust destroy the speakers? - Not if installed correctly. The double sided tape that is on the face of the speaker will mount directly to the inside of your welding helmet. This creates a seal to protect the coils and magnet inside of the speaker.
2) OSHA - While these are not OSHA approved they do meet OSHAs noise decibel limit. Anything over 90DB OSHA says you have to wear ear plugs. We come in at 87-89DB.
3) Can you still hear music with ear plugs in? - Yes! The way the speakers are mounted inside your welding hood creates a surround sound system on your head. The biggest safety feature is you can still hear your outside noise along with your music, (Fire alarm, Hi-lo, backup alarms, etc)
4) Weight and battery life - HB - 4/5 oz, 16+ hours, Hbreeze - 7oz, 10-12 hours, HS - 8oz, 8-10 hours. Our biggest thing is making sure they can get through an entire day without having to recharge.
5) Charging - Micro usb rechargeable. You can use the unit while charging. If you forget to charge it overnight we suggest getting an external phone battery pack/bank works perfect for quick on the go charges.